The final USMS Top 10 lists have been published for the 2011 SCY season, which ran June 1, 2010 – May 31, 2011. The season was marked by many great performances by our LMSC:
- We had 157 Top 10 swims for the season (137 individual and 20 relay swims). As always, the individual Top 10 swims for the most recent three seasons (SCY, SCM, LCM) are displayed in a filterable, sortable table on our Top 10 page. Lisa Bennett led the way with 12 individual ranked swims — across two age-groups! — while Chris Stevenson and Johnnie Detrick had 11 and 10 rankings, respectively.
- 28 of the swims (23 individual, 5 relay) were ranked #1 in their age-group, garnering 2011 pool All-American status for 11 LMSC swimmers. Beth Schreiner was the cream of the crop, with 5 #1 individual swims in her new age group; she was also a member of 3 #1 relays. Johnnie Detrick was nearly as impressive, with 4 top individual swims and 2 relays.
- A nicely-formatted version of the listings, suitable for printing, will shortly be available for download. Top 10 and All-American patches may be ordered as well.
- 85 new LMSC records were set during the season: 83 individual and 2 relay records. Johnnie accounted for a whopping 10 of these records, while Shirley Loftus-Charley snagged 9. Twelve of these records were also Colonies Zone Records, while 3 were new National Records! Johnnie set 4 of the zones records while Lisa set 2 national marks. A complete listing of all the new SCY records is available.
- Collectively we did very well in the Mythical National Championship, which is based on the Top 10 swims. Our LMSC placed 10th (out of 52 LMSCs) and VMST was the 6th highest-scoring swim club (223 clubs scored points). In fact, VMST was 2nd in the “local” club category, a scant 58 points behind top-ranked Walnut Creek Masters.
Congratulations to all these swimmers on a fine season!