The annual meeting of the LMSC Board of Directors took place in Richmond, VA, on October 29, 2011. The meeting minutes have been uploaded. Significant developments include:
- The 2012 Budget was passed. Note that in order to balance the budget, LMSC annual fees (currently at $8) are projected to increase for each of the next two years. (Want to help? Elect to read the newsletter online! It really does make a difference.)
- Besides budget resolutions, two other motions were passed:
- Results of sanctioned events must be submitted to the Top Ten Recorder within two weeks of the event in an appropriate electronic format.
- Sanctioned events must include both paper and online entry if more than 100 swimmers are anticipated (paper only is sufficient for smaller meets).
- Reports were presented by Communications, Top Ten and Records, Registrar, and Sanctions.
- Two new board members were appointed by the chair: Jim Miller as Safety Officer, and Heather Stevenson as Review Chair.