The 2013 Colonies Zone Long Course Championship is set to begin this Saturday! There are 157 entrants and we are excited to host you this weekend. We have some important announcements:
- UPDATE: a summary of the meet has been posted.
- We have photos! Do you have any you would like to share? Please email them to me or (if you have very many) ask for directions to upload them directly to the Virginia LMSC Flickr account.
- Unofficial results are available in HTML and PDF format. Please check for errors and let me know if you find any. The results do not include split requests or the 800 splits, but those will be included in the USMS results database when the meet is uploaded.
- The heat sheets are ready! You will be given a printed copy at check-in, but there will only be a limited number of extras. If you are bringing a cheering section, you may want to print an extra copy for them so they can follow along.
- Split request forms, for inclusion in the USMS results database (and submission for Top 10 consideration), and SWIMS submission request forms, for inclusion in the USA-S results database, are available! These requests must be submitted to the referee. The SWIMS submission requests must be submitted prior to the event. Split requests must be submitted before the end of the meet except for backstroke splits or relay leadoffs, which must be submitted prior to the swim. Note that 800 splits for the 1500 will be automatically submitted (no request necessary).
- The psych sheets are ready.
- We have prepared a tentative time line. Note the “tentative” descriptor; we make no guarantees and you are responsible for following the meet progress. We will be using “FINA walls” which means that most of us will need to use the ladders at the side of the pool after each race; we tried to guesstimate how much time that might add between heats. Also, we have no relays entered yet and so we didn’t allot any time for that.
- Speaking of relays, we have relay entry forms available! Saturday relay entries are due by 2pm on Saturday while Sunday relay entries are due by the end of the meet on Saturday. Come prepared with your relay entry forms already filled out!
- Are you swimming the 1500? Then you can get some extra shut-eye on Saturday morning! Based on the projected timeline we moved the start back by one hour. Warm-up now starts at 8am and the 1500 begins at 9am on Saturday. You will be getting a separate email about this (or a phone call if you didn’t supply an email address). The positive check-in deadline for the 1500 is now at 8:45am on Saturday.
- The social will begin after the meet ends on Saturday and will be held at the facility. Some of you reported a little difficulty in purchasing tickets (you had to “update the shopping cart” after adding them). We will be serving BBQ (vegetarian option: Mediterranean pasta salad), potato salad, cole slaw and drinks. Here’s a list of people who have purchased tickets. We will have a limited number on sale at the meet; if you neglected to purchase a ticket but want one now, let me know by the end of the day on Wednesday to assure yourself a spot.
- We know you’ll have a great time and of course you’ll want a t-shirt to commemorate the occasion! You can order them at the meet and they will silk-screen them for you, but you can also pre-order your t-shirt to ensure they are ready for you on game day.
- Are you bringing your own cheering section (ie, family)? There is ample seating upstairs but the best seats in the house (not to mention free food) are available to volunteers! We still have a number of positions to fill; contact Heather if they are interested in volunteering. School-age children (5th-grade and above) can get community-service credit if they help out!
See you at the races!