We have quite a few “drivable” meets coming up in the next few weeks! All meets are SCY unless otherwise indicated.
- Mar 1 in Cantonsville, MD: Maryland Masters Winter Meet. Online entries are due Feb 26.
- Mar 15 in Bethesda, MD: Albatross Open (SCM) meet. Online entries are due Mar 7.
- Mar 23 in Lexington, VA: RCA Dive Into Spring meet. Paper registration entries are due Mar 17.
Participating in one or more of the above meets is a great way to get ready for one of the championship meets to follow:
- Apr 4-6 in Fairfax, VA: Colonies Zone Short Course Championship. Note that online entries open on Saturday Feb 22 at 8am. The distance events on Friday (Apr 4) fill up very quickly due to high demand, so if you have your heart set on the 1000 or 1650 free then be prepared when entries become available.
- Apr 10-13 in Sarasota, FL: YMCA Masters National Championship. This is a USMS-recognized meet but your times will count for USMS purposes as long as the appropriate rules are followed. This hasn’t been an issue in the past. In this meet you compete for your YMCA team rather than your USMS club.
- May 1-4 in Santa Clara, CA: USMS Spring National Championship. This meet will be held in the historic George Haines International Swim Center and is sure to be a fast meet!