Virginia LMSC Organization
Administration of the LMSC is performed by a Board of Directors (BOD) consisting of four elected officers (chair, vice-chair, secretary, treasurer), the Registrar, the chairs of a number of standing committees, representatives from LMSC teams with 10 or more members, and a delegate for smaller clubs. The BOD meets annually, usually around Oct/Nov. Between annual meetings, LMSC business is conducted by an Executive Committee consisting of the four elected officers, the Registrar, and five other Board members appointed by the LMSC chair.
- Current By-laws (last amended 10/3/10)
- The current slate of LMSC officers is shown on the right. Elections for the chair, vice-chair, secretary and treasurer occur at the annual meetings of even-numbered years. The next elections will occur in Fall 2014.
- Policy for choosing LMSC delegates to the USMS Annual Convention.
- 2016 Budget (passed 11/15/15)
Annual LMSC Meeting 2015
- Sunday, Nov 15, 2pm in Richmond
- The meeting is open to all LMSC members, though only the Board of Directors (described above) may make motions and vote on them.
- The agenda is here
- If you wish to participate, please email chair Dave Holland for instructions.
- Written reports: many will be given verbally at the meeting, but the following written reports have been submitted
Previous LMSC Meetings
- Fall meeting, 26 October 2014
- Fall meeting, 27 October 2013
- Executive Committee Teleconference, 24 February 2013
- Fall meeting (teleconference), 29 October 2012
- Teleconference, 20 August 2012
- Fall meeting, 29 October 2011
- Fall meeting, 3 October 2010
- Teleconference, 21 February 2010
- Fall meeting, 7 November 2009
- Fall meeting, 8 November 2008
- Teleconference, 3 March 2008
- Fall meeting, 7 October 2007
Guide to Operations and the Rule Book
Formerly called the “LMSC Handbook,” the Guide to Operations contains a lot of useful information for LMSC Officers, meet officials, club coaches, and swimmers. It includes information about marketing your program, pool meet and open water sanctions, submissions for top ten, communications, and much more. The USMS Rule Book is another place to go with your questions about the rules of competition and the organization of USMS.