Resources for Meet Hosting
Are you considering hosting a meet? It can be a very rewarding way to increase enthusiasm and interest in your local masters program — and possibly even generate some revenue for your club — but the task can be a little daunting! Never fear, here are some resources to help you through it.
- Application for Sanction/Recognition
- USMS uses an online sanction/recognition request process.
- The event director enters the event information. He/she indicates whether he/she wishes to apply for a sanction or recognition, or whether he/she just wants the event to be listed on the calendar.
- When the event is submitted, an email is sent to the LMSC sanctions chair.
- The sanctions chair logs into the system, reviews the event information, may request additional information if needed and as long as all appropriate requirements have been met, approves the request. The event will be automatically added to the USMS calendar of events and the meet director will receive a confirmation e-mail of the approval.
- In order to properly advertise your event, you should apply for a sanction/recognition at least two months in advance of the planned event date.
- Tutorial for Event Directors (this provides a step-by-step guide for submitting a sanction/recognition request).
- Worksheet for Event Directors (this provides a printable worksheet that the event director can use to prepare for a sanction/recognition request).
- Other forms that you may need:
- Other useful links:
- Online version of the USMS Rule Book. You should have at least one hardcopy of the current Rule Book at the meet.
- The USMS Guide to Operations has a lot of useful information, including links to most of the forms in the previous section.
- Current HyTek records files for national and world records. The first link also gives instructions for importing them into Meet Manager, which can also print out pre-filled Record Application forms when a record has been broken.
- Club Assistant website. Allowing online registration for your event is strongly encouraged since it will usually increase participation, as well as offer greater convenience to participants and decrease errors in processing and posting meet results.
- LMSC upcoming events calendar. You should not plan your event to be too close to another event in our LMSC. You should also consider the timing of big events in neighboring LMSCs (many of those are included on our calendar).
- USMS events calendar.
- Communications with LMSC Officers
- They are all listed in the right sidebar. In particular, you may need to communicate with the Sanctions chair, the Officials chair, and the Records/Top Ten chair.