What's New in the LMSC: August 2011
- The August 2011 Newsletter, the
Wet Gazette, will be available around Aug 10
- Last Chances for Long Course
- Summer Nationals are coming (Aug 3-6), and our LMSC will be represented by 17 members. Even if you aren't going to nationals, you have three more chances to swim in a nearby LCM meet before the 2011 season ends.
- Chris Greene wasn't enough, you say? Here are more open water opportunities
- What Happens to your Money?
- What do we do with your annual membership fee? How does it benefit you? Find out!
- The Manly Art of Leg-Shaving
- If you've never shaved your legs (and arms and torso) before swimming, you might want to give it a try on your next taper meet. But the process isn't easy, especially for beginners!
- Preliminary Top 10 Listings for SCY11
- The Encyclopedia of Open Water Swimming
- A new website, Openwaterpedia offers a large and growing collection of articles, videos, definitions and website links.
- Jump Like Cullen Jones
- Box jumps are a great exercise to develop quickness and power off the blocks. Cullen Jones demonstrates them in a GoSwim video clip.
- Chris Greene Results
- Ready for a Challenge?
- There is still plenty of time to do the Check-off Challenge! This is a non-competition postal event: you have to complete each of the 18 pool events (any course: meters or yards, short-course or long-course) and one open water swim.
- Jack King 2011 Epilogue
- The results for Jack King have been finalized and are available on our website. Read the full post for a message from race director June McDaniels.