What's New in the LMSC: November 2011
- Time to Renew Yourself!
- USMS Registration is now open for 2012! You can register online (preferred) or by paper. Sponsor discounts await those who register before December 31, 2011!
- If you can't register for your preferred club, get your coach to renew the annual club registration.
- The November 2011 Newsletter, The Wet Gazette, will be available soon.
- Our newsletter editor, Betsy Durrant, is a busy gal! She is the meet director of the upcoming VMST meet in Virginia Beach. The newsletter will be mailed out in the week or so after the meet, just a little late this month.
- Want to keep LMSC fees low and save trees? Read your monthly newsletter online and opt out of receiving it by mail. You get to read the newsletter earlier, too!
- For those of you who have already "opted out" of receiving a print copy, I will email you with a link to the online copy as soon as it is uploaded.
- Upcoming meets
- There are two nearby SCM meets coming up: the Last Chance Meet in DC (Dec 4) and the VMST Fall Swim Meet in Virginia Beach (Nov 5). The Virginia Beach meet deadline is past, but if you forgot, don't worry: you can still deck enter! Drive down and have a great time swimming and socializing.
- There are also two upcoming SCY meets: the Ann Johnsen Memorial meet (2nd in the Maryland Swim Series) in Easton, MD on Nov 13, and the Greater Knoxville Masters Invitational in Knoxville, TN, on Dec 3-4. The Knoxville meet is a longer trip for many in our LMSC, but the spectacular facility at UT should make it worthwhile.
- Recent Results
- The Anything Goes Relay Carnival was co-hosted by WAVA and RMST on Oct 16 in Warrenton, VA; 25 swimmers participated, 12 from our LMSC.
- The Patriot Masters Sprint Classic was held Oct 30 in Fairfax, VA; 165 swimmers participated, including 26 from our LMSC. Three new LMSC Records were set, two by Lisa Bennett (50/100 back) and one by Beth Schreiner (100 back).
- LMSC Annual Board Meeting
- Featured Links
- Oldies but Goodies
- Check out this great photo from 1992 USMS Spring Nationals in Chapel Hill, NC. Short-course Nationals are in Greensboro, NC, this year; let's get a huge turnout from our LMSC!
- Do you have any older photos or results you would like to share? Send them!