What's New in the LMSC: September 2011
- The September 2011 Newsletter, The Wet Gazette, is now available
- USMS Annual Convention
- USMS holds its annual convention for meetings of the House of Delegates and various committees in the fall of each year; this year's meetings will be held Sept 14-18 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Upcoming Events in Virginia in the next few months to add to your calendar!
- Sept 10: Shenandoah Marlins Aquatic Club Masters is hosting their first-ever Long Course Invitational in Waynesboro, VA. Entries must be received by Sept 8, so hurry! Deck entries will be accepted only for swimmers already entered in the meet and only if there are empty lanes.
- Sept 24-25: Smith Mountain Lake 1-mile and 5K OW Swims, hosted by Mariner's Landing. This is a fun pair of races and one of the last OW opportunities of the season.
- Oct 16: Warrenton Masters and Reston Masters will cohost the Anything Goes SCY Relay Carnival n Warrenton, VA. It is a relay-only meet with some oddball events in the mix.
- Oct 30: Patriot Masters will host the annual Sprint Classic at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA; this is a SCY meet.
- Nov 5: VMST will host the 31st Annual Fall Swim Meet in Virginia Beach; this is a SCM meet. Online entry will be available shortly and will be posted on the LMSC website; you can also go to the Club Assistant Calendar and scroll down to Nov 5.
- What's for Dinner?
- “I swim/exercise a lot so I can eat what I want!” Many of us have heard this statement, perhaps we've even made it ourselves. Is it true?
- Season Wrap-Up for SCY 2011
- Betsy Owens Results
- Certifiable Coaches
- Registration is open for a USMS/ASCA Masters Coaching certification clinic on Sept 14 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Should I Get a Shoulder MRI?
- For many swimmers, shoulder pain is feared above all others. Dr. Ross Hauser has some advice on when you need to take it most seriously in this article.
- 2011 USMS Summer Nationals Highlights (updated)