What's New in the LMSC: April 2012
- The April 2012 Newsletter, The Wet Gazette, is now available
- Mark your calendars: Open water season is nigh in Virginia!
- The 29th Annual Jack King Ocean swim is a one-mile swim that will be held on June 24, 2012, in Virginia Beach, VA. Online registration closes at 5pm on June 22; the entry fee is $30 if you register early (by June 8) and $35 if you register by June 22. Race day registration is $50.
- The 36th Annual Chris Greene Lake cable swim will be held July 14, 2012. There will be 1-mile and 2-mile races this year. Online registration closes at 11:59 pm EDT on July 9; paper registration must be postmarked by July 6. The entry fee is $25 for the one-mile race and $40 for the two-miler.
- Peluso Open Water is organizing a series of races in the James River. There is the Peluso OW Race Series on April 26, June 14 and Sept 27, and also the a longer To the Bridge and Back swims on Oct 13.
- There are plenty of other open water races within driving distance of our LMSC listed on the Upcoming Events page. Type "OW" in the search box for easy viewing of nearby races, or "OW VA" to see only the races in Virginia.
- 2012 Short Course Championship Meets
- CGL T-Shirt Design Contest
- Here's a unique way to get psyched for this year's race: design the official Chris Greene Lake Swim t-shirt! Send designs to race director Dave Holland. The winner will receive a $50 licensing fee and a free shirt. The deadline is May 1.
- Swim Clinics with Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen
- VMST Member Bill Winters, age 44, Qualifies for Olympic Trials
- Competing at Richmond's newest long course facility, Auburn grad Bill Winters punched his ticket to Omaha for the 2012 Olympic Trials with a phenomenal time in the 200 breaststroke. It sounds almost too good to be true!
- March Madness! Recent Results
- USMS Summer Nationals
- The Masters Minute
- Richmond-native Patrick Brundage, son of long-time VMST member Warner, has started an interesting new blog: The Master's Minute.
- Recent Swimming Accolades
- Virginia Senior Games
- The 34th Annual Virginia Senior Games swim competition will be held on May 12, 2012, in Richmond, VA. The meet is open to Virginia residents who are at least 50 years old; non-residents can also participate. Although the initial registration deadline has passed, late registrations will be accepted on a space-available basis until Apr 18.