What's New in the LMSC: October 2012
- The October 2012 Newsletter, The Wet Gazette, is now available
- Annual Fall LMSC Meeting
- Mailing It In
- In a postal swim, you compete in a pool of your choosing, and send your results in electronically or by mail. No muss, no fuss, no one to race against but the clock.
- USMS Convention Wrap-Up
- VMST's Mark Kutz wins a coaching award, and our LMSC will be hosting the 2013 Colonies Zone Long Course championship. Find out more!
- Pickin' Up Results
- Fifty-sex swimmers kicked off the fall season with the inaugural Pickin' Up Steam meet at Randolph-Macon College in beautiful Ashland, VA. Results have been posted, as well as some photos.
- Open Water 1-Mile National Championship Results
- Results are now available for the USMS 1-Mile Open Water Swim National Championship that was held in beautiful Lake Lure, NC on Aug 25. This event was part of the larger Lake Lure Olympiad Sport Festival, and about 180 swimmers took part in the championship race.
- Setting up the Freestyle Pull
- A recent post in the Swim Smooth Blog, “Bend It Like Becky,” examines the freestyle catch of Olympic gold medalist Rebecca Adlington. In particular, the authors noted that most top freestylers seem to have a slight downward bend early on in their stroke, leading naturally to the Early Vertical Forearm used by so many top swimmers.
- National Championships in 2014-15
- Taking Time Off